Friday 26 November 2010

Wishes project up and running...

I promoted the fact that I'm running this project on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr to engage in the social network side of the project that I mentioned in the very beginning (the purpose to see how our identity changes on social network sites with the option to hide behind a computer and even be anonymous).

The way the account works, you can disclose as much or as little information to me as possible. You can submit a wish anonymously meaning I'll never know who submitted it, where they're from or even their gender/age. They can also submit it by being signed in meaning it links me to their profile and thus I'd know more about them, they can leave something as simple as name or email address or even a nickname. I did this because i thought the range of options might lead me to getting more responses and I'm intrigued to see whether people will give me more in detail wishes anonymously or under their actual name.

I've started to screenshot the responses I'm getting so that you can see the images I'll be making and I'm trying to do the postcards and photos every other day so that I keep on top of it all.

Already, in these few responses, you can see the variety I'm getting. Some people are answering in a serious manner and several have submitted lyrics, taking the more humerous, fun approach. When I started this, I had ideas of what I might achieve and what sort of wishes I get, but it's interesting to see if I'm right and hopefully I can discuss this more and have some surprises as the project progresses.

The next job is to start getting people to write them onto the postcards for me, so it's not always my handwriting, and then photograph them. I've decided that I won't take the over obvious approach for each postcard and will try for subtle meanings or more random backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment