Monday 8 November 2010

What next?

So far, a lot of the project has involved me doing research and looking at methods of portraiture and also ways of exploring self identity and the human nature behind it. I've only done one brief experiment and one shoot so far, using only myself. I've been struggling in terms of making work but I'm determined to turn this around and start producing much more work.

The frustrating part is knowing what I want to achieve, and having so many ideas, but not being to put any of them into practice and make the work.

The next areas I want to look at are:-

Making portraits of others, using the postcard method like I tried myself. I will experiment with using the studio environment and also bedrooms. Though the latter presents more of a problem as total strangers are going to be unlikely to let me into their personal space. It's a problem I may have to confront or try and work around.

Conducting an experiment somewhere around campus, getting people to fill in postcards that will ask them two questions, likely to be... "When I look in the mirror I think..." and "When I look in the mirror what I wish I saw was..." as part of my look at beauty and self-image. This strays away from the original idea but is something that interests me. I'm hoping doing it anonymously will get me more responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment