Tuesday 23 November 2010

Experiment - Participation Required.

I'm trying out one of the ideas I said I would which is to set up somewhere where people can finish 'I wish...'. Although I only set it up a few minutes ago, response is already going much better and people seem more likely to participate.

I've set an account up on Tumblr where people can submit what their wish is and then I'll write the wishes onto postcards and make photographs and then post them onto the blog so they also see the images being made. Obviously, I'll also post them here and hopefully it can create a nice series. I'd also like to make screen shots of the wishes as they come in.

This is what the Tumblr page looks like and if you're reading this and want to contribute the link is:- http://iwishproject.tumblr.com/


The responses I get can be anything from anyone. I'm interested in how people respond to the rather open statement. I think I'll get the less serious responses but all of the responses will tell me something about us as people. I might be able to guess some of them as I know my friends are taking part, but ultimately that barrier of being behind a computer and having the anonymous title offers the chance for total honesty. I think it's a way of expressing something and I hope the project can turn into something fun and interesting.


So far I've only taken a photograph of one wish and that was more to put on the Tumblr so that participants can get a general idea of what I'm going to do with them. To vary things, I'll ask friends and family to write the wishes onto postcards so it's not always the same handwriting and I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to go for a location or item that relates to the wish or something a little more ambiguous and less connected, such as the image below.


No comments:

Post a Comment