Sunday 5 December 2010

Research- Miranda July

Stumbled across this absolutely brilliant project by artist Miranda July by pure conincidence, but I'm very glad that I did. July is an artist with a finger in each area really. She started out as a performance artist but has also written, made a photography project and directed (as well as acting and making music!).

The project "No-one belongs here more than you. Stories by Miranda July." is a brilliant one and made me smile as much as anything. The interactive aspect of the website encourages reader involvement and the project itself is very revealing and honest. The fact that is primarily a text project as it is a book, that just involves photographs for the website aspect, is one of the things that intrigrues me more. It uses photographs as an outlet, but it is about the people and the text which I suppose, is the way my own project seems to be heading.

Although the website is literally a tool for her to explain the project and link you to the book it's well done and another way of exploring getting people involved in the project in some way, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment