Sunday 5 December 2010

Early photos for wishes project

Because I keep getting more through and I want to spread it out, I'm beginning to take the images for them all now so that I can keep up with them gradually. From the screenshots below of the wishes, I've made some of the first wishes that I got given.

At the minute, they're relatively simple images as I'm looking for the emphasis more to be on the presentation of them and engaging people at the presentation of them. I've got several ideas of different ways I could do this, but at the minute I'm working on collecting enough wishes to make the postcards and images out of.

Anyway, here are the first few put into photos.

On their own, the images are ok, but I like it when they're seen in a small quantity and so hopefully in a large amount, like an installation, or even a book, they'd be even more effective. Even just here in a list, I like that they seem like a set and that they tie in with one another.

When I first started this whole project and not even the Wishes part, I was exploring myself but also other people. Sometimes we might think we're alone in what we think and that no-one understands but the amount of times I read the wishes and agreed or knew I'd wished that at some point was strange because it got me thinking how ultimately we all want similar things even if they're just the basics like 'to be happy'.

No comments:

Post a Comment