Thursday 16 December 2010

Research - "Future of travel"

Came across this fascinating experiment that asked children to predict the future of travel. They did a drawing of what they thought it would look like and also provided a description just in case the drawing wasn't clear enough and for those viewing it after it's done.

The people behind it are Good magazine and they were very clever in getting children to do it. Their imagination and creativity is great and they're going to provide a different insight than adults could. They are also less likely to hold back and you always get frank honesty when you ask a child to do or say something.

I'm including it more because I think I should try and get children to contribute to my wishes project. So far I think it's either teenagers or adults who have participated and while this is great, getting some children to participate would offer me some different wishes and probably some more interesting ones.

I have several contacts in schools that I could talk to about getting some wishes together and so this is something I should definitely pursue. Below are some of the transportation devices of the future according to Los Angeles school children.




No comments:

Post a Comment