Monday 13 December 2010

Interesting research

I came across this project called Cardon Copy that designer Cardon Webb is doing. He finds notes and fliers on the streets of America, takes them away, makes his own version and returns them. It's an interestinf idea using found text to make art and he seems to want to beautify the streets more.

I like the idea of using found text and creating something more beautiful and more artistic from it. I suppose that's what I'm doing rather than just screenshotting the wishes from Tumblr. Taking them and putting them onto postcards to photograph them makes it a more visually stimulating project and I think it also makes it more real. To see actual handwriting adds the personal touch and a sign that someone has interacted to help me create the photo in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment