Monday 25 October 2010

The Title Of The Blog

I haven't really decided what the title of this project shall be yet. When we had to write one down in the seminar, I wrote down 'Identity' as I hadn't decided and this is a blanket cover for the general aims of it. That will probably remain the working title until I decide on something more permanent.

The title of the blog actually comes from a song by a band I like. The Switchfoot song, 'This is your life' came to me while trying to think of what I could call the project and also the relevant blog for it. It has the lyrics, "This is your life, are you who you want to be? This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be when the world was younger and you had everything to lose." which seem to mean something for what inspired me to start this project.

It also occurred to me that it pretty much sums up everything I was trying to achieve. Looking at self-perception and how people view themselves, you always come back to the point that this is your life. You're the one who controls your destiny and if there's something you don't like then it's up to you to change it. The lyrics being the title of the blog are there to try and remind me of the aim and asking that question 'is it everything you dreamed that it would be' might seem premature when I'll be asking a lot of people ranging from 18-25 which is still young, but even at this age, I think all of us dreamt that we would be a certain way or doing a certain thing. How that has altered, whether because we wanted it to or just because things haven't worked out. It's another direction I could take the work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment