Thursday 28 October 2010

Ideas and tutorial

Presenting my ideas so far and a little of my research was very helpful. To talk about them with another person has given me even more ideas and areas that I want to explore. One of the things to consider though is not to try and take on too much work.

The area that kept coming up as being exciting was the aspect of social networking, so Facebook and Twitter. Both are tools that people used to present themselves and communicate with others. It's the whole idea that sitting behind a keyboard, a lot of people may feel more confident or some may be even more private about how much of themselves they expose as they're afraid what others may think.

It's an area that I think has potential to make work around. I have already decided to have my own experiment on it by either asking people to describe me in 3 words (though I'm aware that some people won't answer me seriously) OR putting 'Identity is...' and seeing if anyone answers. I'm thinking a good place to start might be with the latter to get an idea of how everyone sees identity. This is a variant if you ask me, so I'm interested to know whether others think that.

Incorporating text with images and possibly even making video from some of the results may be a good option. Basically, the tutorial gave me even more ideas and further points, so it's about taking it one thing at a time and seeing where it leads to.

No comments:

Post a Comment