Tuesday 5 April 2011

Research - Martin Parr

I'm not sure how it's taken me so long to do this but I only just remembered about Martin Parr's series based around postcards. Although very, very different to my approach I like it for its use of postcards, which aren't really used in many projects.

His use of postcards is pretty different too. The project is called 'Boring Postcards' as well as the accompanying follow up book, 'Boring Postcards USA' and he collected the most mundane ones he could find from the 50s, 60s and 70s in both Britain and America.

The irony is that in looking at these postcards, you aren't bored. They bring in elements of nostalgia, for my generation an insight into a culture and a time we have no experience of and they're often entertaining albeit unintentionally!




No comments:

Post a Comment