Saturday 19 March 2011

Idea for a book

Obviously the main aim for this project would be to eventually turn it into a gallery installation. However, I also need a better way to present and hand it in and something that is a little more accessible so that I can reach out to a wider audience for longer than a temporary installation.

I considered just doing prints of the images, however, not only would that be expensive due to having over 70 wishes, but it also wouldn't be practical to sum up my project and get the points across properly. Mostly because the point is that the postcards are part of it and were very much the large inspiration.

To compliment the project and particularly for my hand-in and degree show, a book would be a good way to show off the images well. I have in my head an image that it should be done landscape, one image per page and perhaps even in order of when the wishes were submitted to me (which is easy to do when Tumblr has them in chronological order).

However, that does rule out using the postcards. If I were making a one off book then i could hand stick in the postcards, but obviously if i want to exhibit elsewhere it won't work. But one way I could do it would be to photograph the postcards on just a plain white background, mix up their order and then have one photograph on one side and one plain postcard on the other. I'm not sure if it would be too repetitive but it's somethin to consider when I begin making the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment